Title: Matched Authors: S.E. Hall & Angela Graham Genre: New Adult
Date, Mate, Fate: Celebrity Edition The reality show like no other: Eight men, eight women, one mansion in paradise; their every move caught on camera for the world to see. Among the faces in the house: a mysterious cowboy, a cocky football star, a motocross god, and a broody Alpha calling all the shots. Thorough compatibility testing says everyone’s soulmate is there. Computers’ abilities are boundless, but can they be trusted with matters of the heart? Would you recognize “the one” when you saw them? Rated NC-17 for foul language, heavy drinking, and graphic sex. *Full-length, stand-alone novel.
Amazon | B&N | Smashwords
“Welcome to the beautiful island of Mahé in Seychelles! I’m your host, Tom Peters, and you,” says the man in front of us, spreading his arms out wide, “are the handpicked contestants for the premiere season of Date, Mate, Fate: Celebrity Edition.” He pauses for inserted applause. No, really—a crewman standing off-camera holds up a sign that says, “Insert Applause.”
When the clapping has met the appropriate meter level, Tom continues. “Several faces here, I’m sure you’ll recognize; celebrities from an array of arenas, including sports, the big screen, and even the Olympics have been generous enough to take time from their grueling schedules to join us. And each of them was asked to invite a plus one—anyone—of their choosing, whom we also thank for being here.”
I already feel cramped in my own skin, the endless barrage of cameras and crew filming our every move and reaction in full, intimidating effect. And to top it all off, I’ve just been declared a second-class citizen. Bonus.
I don’t join in on the clapping and whistling; the others’ enthusiasm is far from what I’m feeling. Instead, I burrow deeper into Oakley’s side, shielding my face behind his burly arm and clamping down tighter on his hand. I’m so far removed from my comfort zone, consisting of community college and a job at an off-the-beaten-path truck stop in a Podunk town. But it appears I’ve also landed in a certain circle of hell I’m having trouble comprehending—despite the generous one-week notice.
5 Stars from Tonya
This is an awesome read! I was laughing for a lot of it. There were parts that had me worried and some parts that had me wanting to slap someone. this story is told from Harlow's point of view. It is a reality dating show. There are a bunch of characters. I loved some, hated some, and liked the rest.
The name of the show is Date, Fate, Mate: Celebrity Edition. Each character went though questions that were then sorted by a computer, who said who their soul mate would be. They have no clue who their soul mate it, for the most part, and they don't know any one else's soul mate either. They need to figure that out and then win the challenges so that they can send the others home.
There are 8 celebrities and professional athletes, each of them got to bring someone, a plus one, with them.
Here are the characters and my thoughts on them.
1. Court Callahan, professional bull rider. He is a southern charmer. I really liked him.
2. Wyatt Callahan, Court's plus 1 and brother. He is a man-whore.
3. Jasmine Cox, real name Miranda Miller, retired pornstar. She goes through a lot in this book and I just wanted to hug her.
4. Jensen Hughes, porn producer and Jasmine's plus one. Ugh, he is a complete jerk and I wanted to beat him, in the face, with a steel chair!
5. Oakley Abrahms, professional football player. I liked Oakley for the most part.
6. Harlow McWright, Oakley's plus one and his highschool sweetheart. They were apart for 5 years and are now back together and trying to reconnect. They aren't the same people they were 5 years ago though. Harlow is a character that I love.
7. Callie Cole, an olympic gymnast. I was unsure about her after her scene with Cruz, but I really liked her by the end.
8. Dana, Callie's plus one. We didn't really get to know her well though, but she is kind of slutty.
9. Cruz McCall, motocross extraodinaire, XGames champ. I freaking loved Cruz from the beginning. He loves his little sister. He can come across as way over protective of her though.
10. Emma McCall, Cruz's plus one and little sister. I had a feeling something was going on with her from the beginning. She is another character that I love!
11. Rachel Gardner, stand up comedian. She isn't really funny at all though. She is one of the "mean girls". Yea, didn't like her.
12. Miles Newman, Rachel's plus one and roommate. He is the silent one out of everyone. He watches and listens though. He is a great guy.
13. Nadia Minkin, super model. She is an absolute b****!!
14. Dalton, Nadia's plus one and trainer. Didn't really get to know him.
15. Peyton Price, movie star. He is smart and actually a pretty nice guy. He is basically there to promote his new movie.
16. Ivy Malone, Peyton's plus one and co-star in the new movie. She is the third "mean girl" of the group.
It was fun trying to figure out who was whose soul mate. I think I got two right, well, by what the computer said. But the computer isn't always right.
This is a great read!!
A Signed Copy of Matched & a Swag Pack! a Rafflecopter giveaway